The 200-hour online certificate will run between 29 January and 19 June 2021 and be taught by Esalen faculty members and leading meditation specialists Lorin Roche, PhD and Camille Maurine.
Since 1962, Esalen has operated as a holistic educational retreat centre and developed a reputation as a pioneer in the human potential movement, a community of wellness thought leaders and a living classroom for the healing arts – ranging from massage to meditation.
Douglas Drummond, Esalen director of healing arts and somatics said: “Our very legacy behoves us to take advantage of changing technology to put healing modalities in the palm of the hand of curious, compassionate wellness seekers and practitioners in order to help their communities at this unprecedented time.”
Costing US$1,997 (£1,466, €1,645) per person, the course is named Radiance Sutras Meditation Teacher Training.
It will consist of live Zoom classes, practice sessions with other students, virtual office hours, pre-recorded audio meditations and uses three textbooks authored by Roche and Maurine.
Participants will learn how to:
- Customise meditation to suit an individual or group
- Adapt their meditation practice to meet particular life circumstances
- Navigate intense emotions, sensations, and other challenges
- Co-operate with internal, instinctive wisdom
- Find deeper balance, healing and renewal
- Offer the gift of meditation to others
- Guide students into meditative states
- Receive personalised attention from instructors and immediate answers from private discussion groups.
Students completing the course will receive an authorised meditation teacher certification through the Radiance Sutras School of Meditation and the Yoga Alliance.
To register and find out more information, follow this link to Radiance Sutras’ website.
Sign up here to get the Spa Business and Spa Business insider weekly ezines and every issue of Spa Business and Spa Business insider magazines free on digital.